The Sri Lanka Air Force Base Katunayake, the largest Air Force Base in Sri Lanka , is situated in close proximity to the Bandaranayake International Airport. The Base provides administrative, logistical, general and civil engineering services to all lodger formations located within the Base.
The following flying Squadrons are based at Sri Lanka Air Force Base Katunayake.
- No. 02 Squadron
- No. 05 Jet Squadron
- No. 10 Fighter Ground Attack Squadron
- No. 12 Squadron
In addition to the above flying formations the following formations are also located within the Base.
- Supply & Maintenance Depot
- Electronic & Communication
- Command Argo Unit
- Runway Maintenance Wing
- Aeronautical Engineering Wing
- General Engineering Wing
- Aircraft Spares Depot
- Air Defence Cmd & Control Center
- Radar Maintenance Wing
- Motor Transport Repair Operating Wing
- No 26 Regiment Wing
- Air Field Construction Wing
- No 43 Colour Wing
- No 62 Intelligence Wing
- Parachute Training School
- Mechanical & Electrical Wing
- Dental Unit
- SLAF Band
- No 01 Air Defence Radar Squadron
- Special Project Unit
- Equipment Provisioning and Accounting Unit
A fully equipped gymnasium, a swimming pool, a cinema, a paddle boat service and newly constructed huts for arrange functions of SLAF personnel in this Base are among the many recreational and sports facilities offered by the Base for its personnel. The housing complex located within the Base provides accommodation to several hundred families of the Air Force personnel serving at the SLAF Base Katunayake.
Air Commodore Air Commodore HMSK Kotakadeniya functions as the Base Commander of this Base.
Air Commodore HMSK Kotakadeniya RWP, RSP, USP,
Sri Lanka Air Force,
Katunayake, Sri Lanka.
+94 11 2441044, 2495495